The high consumption of salt is very detrimental to human health. These are some side effects of eating too much salt.
* Frequent urination is a key sing of excessive salt intake. It can also be a symptom of a number of other conditions, from an overactive bladder or urinary tract infection to type 2 diabetes. While it’s usually nothing to worry about, see your doctor if you notice a change in your normal urinary habits.
* Like frequent urination, constant thirst can be a sign of other conditions such as type 2 diabetes, so make sure you get it evaluated by a doctor. Your mouth gets drier and your thirst is unquenchable, chances are you could be taking too much salt.
* An excess of salt in your diet can lead to swollen ankles. Swollen ankles can be caused by water retention as a result of eating too much salt.
* If you suffer from frequent mild headaches and have no idea what’s causing them, you might want to reduce your salt intake. An overload of salt in the diet can lead to dehydration-induced headache symptoms. If cutting down on salt has no effect, your doctor will be able to help you figure out the cause.
* a diet high in too much salt can actually slow the performance of your kindly. Too much salt can increase the amount of protein found in your urine. More protein in your urine is a major risk factor for kidney disease.
So it’s very important to restrict your daily intake.